For some reason, people think that Mediterranean food is expensive. Though some of the best Mediterranean foods inside fancy restaurants might be a little pricey, the average cost of a Mediterranean entree is only $7.48 in the United States. At Aladdin, you can experience great Mediterranean food for a low cost. We offer filling platters with a an entree and three vegetable sides – or, for our vegetarians, an all veggie platter than will surely fill you up and satisfy even our hungriest diner!
There are plenty of falafel restaurants that offer all types of delicious Mediterranean cuisine options for you and your family to enjoy. If you’re looking to try some new flavors, why not give Mediterranean foods a try? The region is vast and filled with all kinds of wonderful flavors – there’s surely something even the pickiest eater will enjoy! Aladdin offers amazing vegetarian, vegan, and halal options for everyone. We also offer online ordering for pickup or delivery!
Best Mediterranean Foods for Families
- Falafel — If this is your first time visiting falafel restaurants, you have, to try falafel. You probably won’t be disappointed. Falafel is made from chickpeas, onions, herbs, and spices. All of these ingredients are processed and fried together, creating a crispy exterior, soft interior, and delicious snack. Even if you have pretended to hate vegetables your entire life, deep-friend veggies from the Mediterranean might be right up your alley — give it a try.
- Pilaf — Pilaf rice is fried and cooked in a spicy broth, which can be great with virtually any Mediterranean dish on the menu. You can enhance the rice’s flavor by adding pieces of meat, dried fruit, nuts, or all kinds of spices. At Aladdin, our almond cranberry pilaf is a favorite, well known for its fluffy texture and delicious flavor.
- Lahmajoun — Lahmajoun is a thin dough topped with a layer of bell peppers, onions, spices, and ground beef. It’s essentially the Mediterranean’s pizza and looks almost as good as it actually tastes.
- Pita — You’ve probably had pita bread before, but purchasing it from a grocery store or pita chain isn’t the same. You need to try authentic pita inside a legitimate Mediterranean establishment. Aladdin is well known around town for our pita bread, which we make as light and fluffy as a cloud! This thin bread is great to dip in hummus and all kinds of sauces. Plus, you can even wrap meats and other entrees in a pita and chow down!
- Moussaka — Moussaka is a Greek oven-baked dish that is essentially Mediterranean lasagna. It consists of eggplants, potatoes, ground beef, tomatoes, onions, red wine, spices, cheese, and is covered with bechamel sauce. Yum!
- Tabbouleh — This parsley salad is made with bulgur and tomatoes. It’s like and refreshing, but will fill you up! The parsley gives a crisp flavor to the salad that will have you coming back for more.
- Kabob — Aladdin offers chicken, beef, and lamb kabobs that are a favorite. Kabobs are skewers layered with chunks of meat and vegetables, slow cooked to trap in all the flavors and juices of the meats! Our lamb kabob is a local favorite, and even better – all meat served at both locations is certified halal. There’s no guilt in coming to Aladdin and enjoying a meal of Mediterranean food that the whole family will surely enjoy!
If you want to learn more about any of these tasty food options or head to falafel restaurants for the first time, check out Aladdin Houston today and enjoy your meal! We have two locations, one in the Montrose area and one in Garden Oaks. No matter where you are located, we have a store for you!